July 05, 2016

a progress report

It has been a while since I've posted about the mini-series that I am planning to debut at the Armonk Outdoor Art Show. I posted about planning it here and my work on it here. Although my stitching time has been interrupted by the end of the school year festivities and packing for camp madness, I still have managed to get quite a bit done.

Two of the water tower pieces are complete, except for the trimming and the edging. Here are some in progress photos of what I am temporarily calling "water tower 1".
outline stitching
outline stitching
big directional stitches
tiny x's stitching
lot's of x's

The second water tower asked to be even bolder in color. Here are more detail pictures.
I am using a large hoop for these smaller pieces, seems to make the work easier.
outline stitching
outline stitching
big X's
straight lines in all directions
different type of x's
many straight lines of course
This week I hope to spend lots of time in the studio happily stitching "water tower 3".

Happy July to all!

3 comments:

Gail Ellspermann said...

Beautiful work! All that color - wow! Can't wait to see the finished work. You are amazing!

Giddings Art said...

I agree, you are amazing! I love to see your work in progress!

Vivien Zepf said...

Do you go under your "outline" stitches to create the long vertical lines? Inquiring minds want to know.